Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Blog 13

One:
J It’s amazing how dedicated you are to your team!  What is your most memorable experience with cheerleading?


G Wow, this is a hard one like I could go on forever with a list of memories but I would have to say nationals last year in Orlando, Florida was most memorable and one I will always remember.  We had such a rough season and it was amazing when we won national champions.  Everyone was crying and hugging one another.  You know, it was such a bittersweet moment.  My team and I worked so hard to become national champions and when we finally did it, the feeling was incredible.  It was my first time at a national competition.  The arena was huge and the lights on the mat were so bright.  The experience as well as the memories made I will never forget.  Like we bonded so well.  It was great.

the speaker is in control, they also refer to themselves and the group as one.  
Repeats the worlds memory and memorable a few times.  Keeps on saying that the experience was full of memories and it was memorable
because it was a rough season and they worked so hard they won
claiming the team bonded well and "it was great"

Two:
J Great positive response, there is always so much negativity formed around cheerleaders.  Don’t you think? Don’t you think cheerleaders should be treated as athletes?

G Oh god, this is my favorite topic!  I always enjoy arguing with people why cheerleaders should be treated as athletesCheerleader’s train, if not the same, then more than any other sport!  We are in the gym for hours perfecting our techniques and our routine.  Cheerleading is not just a season, it is a yearly sport, it never endsWe are always thinking and doing something to improve our skills.  We have a game plan just like every other sport out there.  We train just as hard as every team out there.  You have someone try and do back flips and stunts within a 2 minute and 30 second routine and then tell me cheerleading is not athletic!  I do not think people know the hard work and dedication that goes into being on a cheerleading team.

J Haha, I know the feeling.  I always get defensive when it comes to cheerleading.  It is an athletic sport and I will argue to the bone with anyone!

This section here is referring to the cultural knowledge that cheerleading is not a sport
uses I and we as one person again but, sometimes switches the focus from I/We to something more impersonal like "cheerleaders"
speaker is in control for most of the time
makes a claim that cheerleading is not just a season, it never ends
gets defensive on the subject using key phrases like "I do not think" and "just like every other sport"

Three:
J Great!  So how has cheerleading affected your life in a positive way?

G Well lets see, cheerleading has opened so many new doors in my life!  It has taught me respect and teamwork.  I have also made so many new friends from being on the team throughout the years.  These friends are lifetime friends; we share a bond that no one else will!  Being on a cheerleading team has taught me good sportsmanship and how to be a good team player.  The life lesson I have learned and will learn I will carry with me for the rest of my life.  My coaches are such great role models and although they yell, I know they are so proud and encouraging.  Cheerleading has been a great life lesson and I wish everyone could experience this just like my teammates and I.

here the speaker talks about the positivity to cheerleading
how it has affected the speaker
the speaker is totally in control - only refers to the "teammates" once
refers to all positive things that cheerleading has done
presents them in a list way
refers to cheerleading as a life lesson - compare and contrast

No comments:

Post a Comment