Thursday, February 13, 2014

Blog 6

Thinking of a research topic is always a tough decision for me to make.  After my conference with Dr. Chandler on Tuesday, I am also positive on a solid topic now!

Of course, I choose something of my liking!  An Ethnography on the Bayonne Elite Cheerleaders!  A thing I am passionate about and a team I am actively apart of!

I want study a cheerleading teams positive aspects because social media portrays cheerleading in a negative perspective.  I want to show that all cheerleaders get a positive outcome out of the experience and although it may not be considered a "sport" it is still and intense, time consuming hobby.

I plan of observing numerous practices of the girls and one boy studying their various lexis' and genres.

I will interview the two captains and ask them how cheerleading has positively affected their lives and what it takes to be apart of a unique team.

I do not have any solid interview questions yet but, I do have some research questions that Ill be asking throughout the course of this project.  Such as:

How is cheerleading positively affected?
What does it take to make a team have a positive and proud persona?
How does this team differ from ones portrayed in other studies?

I can not wait to break ground for this research project!  I am over excited to start! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment